Maximilian Balthasar Mansky, M. Sc.
Lehrstuhl für Mobile und Verteilte Systeme
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Institut für Informatik
Telefon: +49 89 / 2180-9155
Mobile: +49 179 5391026
Fax: +49 89 / 2180-9148
There are research student jobs on offer. We are working on Lie groups and algebras in the context of quantum computing, so SU(n) and variants. These are well-behaved and understandable with a background in physics/group theory. If you are interested, send me a short email with your current studies, university and your level of knowledge of group theory.
- Theoretical foundations of quantum computing
- Mathematical structures of QC
- permutation invariant quantum circuits
- Near-optimal quantum circuit construction via Cartan decomposition (Physical Review A, Vol. 108 (5))
- Decomposition Algorithm of an Arbitrary Pauli Exponential through a Quantum Circuit (accepted at IEEE QCE 2023, arXiv:2305.04807)
- Adapting the DisCoCat-Model for Question Answering in the Chinese Language (accepted at IEEE QCE 2023)
- Sampling Problems on a Quantum Computer (accepted at IEEE QCE 2023)
If you are interested in a topic that aligns with my own research interests, please reach out to me.I will be able to provide a few ideas for a thesis. Please be aware that I do math. If you only have a CS background, go find some other supervisor.